...it's the world, dear. Did you expect it to be small? -The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

:)

Monday, September 14, 2009

Tribute to my little sister

You may or may not now that I have a little sister, who I probably shouldn't call little anymore because she is 16 years old and looks older than me. But, in my eyes she is still my little sister. Now, when we were growing up, we each had things that we loved. Things that we collected. Mine was teddy bears. Figurines, stuffed animals, everything. I loved bears. Now Meredith, my little sister, loved pigs. I know, i thought it was weird too, but she loved them. Until she was probably 11, she had pig things all over her room and everything. I think this love of pigs stemmed from her love of Charlotte's Web, with Wilbur the pig in it. Anyways.

(Don't think this is going to be a sappy blog...just wait)

So she loves pigs. Alot. Here's where the irony starts. We all know about the sickness that is going around seemingly everywhere. SWINE FLUE. Swine, as we know, is another name for pig. So this could be called pig flu. Well, my little sister who spent so many childhood years being obsessed with pigs......HAS NOW BECOME ONE!!

Yes, that's right. After two visits to the doctor, days of a temperature, and im sure lots of grumpy behavior (that I thankfuly didn't witness because i was in Jackson) she has been diagnosed with swine flu.

I LOVE the irony of life. Absolutely love it.



*Note: I know that swine flu is not a joke. But this is funny. Don't be offended anyone!

1 comment: