...it's the world, dear. Did you expect it to be small? -The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

:)

Friday, May 29, 2009

Adventure starts tomorrow... well Tuesday.

As all of my friends have gotten ready and headed off to their summer trips and adventures I think it's about time for me! I leave for CVP tomorrow morning and I am beyond pumped. Though I am leaving tomorrow, staff training doesn't actually start til Tuesday. I am riding up to Chatt with my good friend Kirk because A of all, it will safe money and B of all my car has been iffy this whole year (as most everyone knows). Not having a car at camp will be so freeing! And it will encourage me to spend more time with the other staff-which is good!

So, I leave in the morning. I am really excited. I was just talkin with Katie and Allison yesterday (they are already up there) about how I can't wait to join them and be doin the whole camp thing. No makup, no worries, no clean hair. It will be pretty much the best.

I have been praying that the Lord will help me be free of distractions and able to completely able to focus my attention and affection on Him. I know that I will have to take active steps in order to keep from being distracted and preoccupied by other things though- I know the Lord will give me the strength to do that!

Pray that:

The Lord will use me how HE desires
That i will be free of distractions and that my mind will be at camp
That i can build strong real relationships with the staff
that the hearts and minds of the girls in my cabin will be open and pliable to what the Lord has to teach them.

I can't wait to get out there to good ole soddy daisy! And I am just about packed- it's a good feeling to be packed ahead of time- I just hope I haven't forgotten anything! Here's how it looks so far...Pretty concise I must say.

On a random note, I am officially 5 foot 3 inches today. An improvement from my previously recorded 5'2 1/2. This is a big deal peeps. BUT, with that new found knowledge came 3 battle wounds- 2 shots and 1 finger prick. 3 hurts on my body, none for that dang doctor!
Final Score: Doctor-3 Amy- 0

Peace out!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! Amy, I'm so excited for you and a little envious! ha You're going to have a wonderful summer, and I can't wait to hear all about it. Snail mail ;)

    ReplyDelete